Open meetings of the Board and Technical Committee
Guidelines for observers
- The ASB’s Board meetings are held primarily virtually, although some meetings may be held in-person. Observers must complete the Guidelines for Observers document. Download Document
- The meeting agenda and timetable for individual agenda items will be posted in advance of the meeting on the ASB website. Observers are encouraged to check the website shortly before the meeting for last minute changes. The ASB cannot accept any responsibility for losses or inconvenience caused by changes to timing or difficulties in accommodating members of the public.
- ASB agenda papers may be divided into items that can be discussed in public and items that are to be discussed in a private, closed session.
- Relevant ASB agenda papers will be made available on request to observers who have requested the information when they register and will not be distributed at the meeting. In some cases, papers may be tabled at the meeting and it may not be possible to distribute these papers to observers at the meeting. Where appropriate, such papers will be posted on the website and made available to the public after the meeting.
- Observers cannot participate in discussion at the meetings and are asked not to take photographs or operate mobile phones, video cameras, or tape recorders in the meeting room.
- Papers that are available to the public are for information only. No comments or correspondence with regards to those papers will be considered by the ASB, unless the comments have been requested as part of the due process established by the ASB.
- Observers are asked to remain in the public seating area.
- The ASB is not able to invite visitors to join the Board for luncheon or dinner. Observers are requested not to bring food into the meeting room.
- Smoking is not permitted in the meeting room.
- The ASB does not make hotel arrangements for Observers.
- The ASB does not have telephone, fax or copying facilities available for observers.