To develop financial reporting standards that promote accountability, transparency and effective financial management within all spheres of government.
We achieve this through focused and targeted stakeholder interaction and the provision of relevant and implementable Accounting Standards.
- Maintain and enhance existing Standards of GRAP and develop new standards where gaps are identified.
- Undertake research to ensure Standards of GRAP respond to broader financial reporting needs.
- Influence development of international standards.
- Facilitate and encourage stakeholder engagement and support.
- Manage resources to ensure the ASB is operationally effective.
Regulations of the Board
The Minister of Finance has made the following regulations in terms of section 91 of the Public Finance Management Act (Act no. 1 of 1999 as amended 2019)